Smoky Grilled Apricot Lamb Kabobs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb cubes
- 2 cups dried apricots
- Boiling water
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, smoked paprika, oregano and pepper into a large bowl, whisk until well combined. Add the lamb meat and toss until all the pieces are coated in the yogurt mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the apricots in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and let sit for at least 30 minutes to plump up.
- Thread a piece of marinated lamb, an apricot and then a piece of red onion onto a metal or wooden skewer, repeat in that order until the skewer is filled with all the ingredients.
- Grill kabobs over medium-high heat on an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan, flipping once browned and grill marks appear, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Source: American Lamb Board