Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Kabobs
- 1 pound lamb cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 2” squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 2” squares
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- ½ teaspoon each of ground black pepper, ground thyme, marjoram, and oregano
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add lamb cubes, tossing well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, mixing from time to time.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling to bring the meat to room temperature.
- Thread meat onto skewers, alternating lamb cubes with vegetables.
- Preheat the barbecue on medium-high heat and cook meat, rotating skewers on each side during cooking, about 2 minutes per side.