Grilled Peach & American Lamb Kabobs
- 3 pounds American Lamb leg, or boneless leg roast, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup peach jam
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 4 whole peaches, skin removed and cut in half, pitted or 8 canned or jarred peach halves
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Place the lamb cubes and onion in a large pan. In a bowl, combine jam, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper; pour over the lamb and onions. Toss to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate 4 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. On each skewer, thread 4 lamb cubes alternating with onion pieces. Grill the kabobs about 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, remove from grill, cover and let stand.
- Grill peaches cut-side down until browned and juicy. Cut each grilled peach in half again and place on the end of each skewer. Serve immediately.
Source: American Lamb Board