Lamb Steaks with Mint Chutney
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mint jelly
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound American Lamb sirloin or leg steak, 1” thick
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients to create Mint Chutney. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Cut lamb into 4 portions. Sprinkle lightly with lemon pepper.
- To Broil: Cook lamb 4” from heat source for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness: 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium, 170° for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
To Grill: Cook lamb over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches over coals for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
Serve with Mint Chutney.
Source: American Lamb Board