Lamb Skewers with Greek Salad
- 3 pounds American Lamb sirloin, cut into 2-ounce strips
- 3 cups Greek Dressing (recipe follows)
- 3 heads Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups cucumber, diced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup red onion, diced, soaked in ice water
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 24 skewers
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seeds
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- For the Greek Dressing, in a deep bowl, combine garlic, fennel, vinegar, oregano, oil, salt, pepper, and parsley. Process with an immersion blender; mix to blend well.
- Place lamb in a large stainless bowl or pan. Pour 1 1/2 cups Greek Dressing over lamb; toss well to coat. Reserve remaining Greek Dressing for salad. Let lamb strips marinate for 45 minutes or overnight.
- Skewer lamb on bamboo skewers, 1 strip per skewer; grill 2 minutes per side or until medium rare. Keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine Romaine, pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives and feta cheese. Add remaining Greek Dressing, or to taste; toss to coat. Place 3 cups salad in each bowl; top each salad with 2 warm lamb skewers and serve immediately.
Source: American Lamb Board