Lamb Chops with Dried Porcini Mushroom Rub
- 4 American Lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 1/3 cup porcini powder*
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
* If porcini powder is not available, purchase dried porcini mushrooms and make your own powder using a food processor, spice grinder or coffee grinder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine porcini powder, salt, sugar, black pepper, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Pierce lamb with a fork several times on all sides. Brush with vinegar then coat with the rub. Drizzle with any remaining vinegar. Let stand for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat; add oil. Immediately place lamb in pan; cook on all sides until rub has browned.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400° to desired doneness, turning once. Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops.
Source: American Lamb Board