Bone-In Veal Parmesan
- 1 bone-in veal rib chop (8-12 oz.)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chop between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to ¼” thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine flour and pepper in a large bowl. Place the egg white in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan in another shallow dish.
- Dredge veal in flour mixture. Dip chop in egg whites. Dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chop and sauté a few minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place chop in dish and top with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle veal with mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Source: Catelli Brothers