Veal Chop Milanese
- 4 bone-in rib eye veal chops
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cups butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the veal chops well with paper towels to dry. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place the
bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the chops in the beaten egg, letting any excess egg drip off before placing in the bread crumbs,
to coat entirely. Pat down the bread crumbs well. Rest in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the chops until golden brown. Turn the chops once
and continue frying until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side. You may need to cook just two chops at a time; if doing this, use half the butter for each pair of chops.
- Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to rest the meat. Keep warm but do not cover it or place it directly on a plate as it will become soggy. Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm topped with fresh salad greens.