Asian Express Veal Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds ground veal
- 3/4 cup peanut sauce
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
- Fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground veal; cook 10 to 13 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, if necessary. Stir in peanut sauce; cook and stir until heated through.
- Combine cucumber, carrot and torn mint with veal mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve veal mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Cooking Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground veal. Ground veal should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground veal doneness. Iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves may be substituted for Boston lettuce leaves.