Veal Burgers with Sautéed Peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground veal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup each red, green and yellow bell pepper strips (2 1/4" x 1/4")
- Bread or rolls, toasted (optional)
- Combine ground veal, egg, onion, and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be very moist). Shape into six 1/2” thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°, turning occasionally. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon equal amounts of peppers on burgers. Serve burgers on bread, if desired.
Cook’s Tip: To broil, arrange patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 4” from heat. Broil 8 to 10 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally registers 160°, turning once.