Veal Tenderloin with Raspberry & Basil Marinade
- 1 pound veal tenderloin filets
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 bouquet basil, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Place veal filets in in a dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender to purée. Pour over veal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Grill veal on barbecue over medium-high heat, basting occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the center reaches a temperature of 150° or becomes slightly pink. Remove the milk-fed veal from the barbecue, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with a marinade boiled beforehand.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Nicole Anne Gagnon, chef, Institut de Tourisme et d’hôtelleire du Québec