Veal Tenderloin Kabobs on Couscous Salad
- 1 3/4 pound veal tenderloin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of chopped fresh thyme, dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 skewers
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup boiling salted water
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, cut into small cubes or slices
- 1 peach or nectarine, cut into quarters
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the veal tenderloin into 1½” cubes.
- Place veal and all marinade ingredients in a Ziploc-type plastic bag.
- Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
- Prior to grilling tenderloin, prepare the Israeli Couscous Salad.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the Israeli couscous for 7-8 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and place in a bowl. Let cool.
- Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Slide veal cubes onto skewers, dividing meat equally.
- Oil the grill. Cook veal for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve veal over Israeli Couscous Salad.