Veal and Shrimp Surf & Turf
- 8 veal tenderloin medallions, 2 3/4 oz. each
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 12 medium shrimp (size 31/40), raw and peeled
- Salt & pepper
- In a bowl, mix butter, parsley and garlic. Place the butter mixture on plastic wrap. Roll the wrap to form a small cylinder. Tie both ends of the wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- If wooden skewers are used, soak them in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the grill on medium-high.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers.
- Salt and pepper the veal medallions and shrimp.
- Place the medallions on the hot (and oiled) grill. Close the lid and cook the medallions for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until pink in the center. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook the shrimp skewers 1 minute on each side.
- Cut the garlic butter into slices.
- Serve medallions and shrimp with garlic butter.