Veal Filet in Maple Sauce & Cream
- Veal filet, about 1 3/4 pounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- Preheat oven to 300°. Trim veal filet and season.
- In a frying pan, melt butter on high heat and brown filet on all sides.
- Place filet on a grill in a dripping pan and finish cooking in oven until inside temperature reaches 150°.
- Meanwhile, deglaze frying pan with syrup and cream. Let reduce and simmer on low heat while stirring constantly with a whisk until desired consistency is reached. Salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- Remove filet from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. In general, when the filet shrinks, it is sufficiently cooked enough with a pink color inside.
- Slice filet into medallions and coat with sauce.