Sichuan Honey Glazed American Lamb Ribs
1 1/2-2 hrs.
1 1/2-2 hrs.
- 1 rack American lamb ribs (about 9 ribs)
- 2 tablespoons Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Shaoxing Wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped cilantro
- Chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut the rack into individual ribs and place into a baking dish. Season with a very light sprinkle of salt.
- Grind the spices and rub all over the ribs.
- Add the cooking liquids to the baking dish along with the celery; stir well to combine.
- Place into the oven and cook for 1 hour. Flip and continue cooking another half hour to an hour or more depending on desired doneness. Flip occasionally to brown to even color. Add liquid if needed. Remove from the oven.
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, and honey. Place the ribs on the serving dish and top with the honey sauce.
- Sprinkle on the sesame seeds, cilantro and additional chili flakes as desired.
Source: The Food In My Beard & The American Lamb Board