Sticky Barbecue Ribs with Waldorf Salad
- 10 x 4-point Australian lamb double ribs
- 4 ounces barbecue rub seasoning
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 5 red apples, washed, finely sliced
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces walnut halves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 320°. Place lamb ribs on a shallow, non-metallic tray. Brush ribs with liquid smoke and dust with barbecue seasoning. Turn ribs and repeat with smoke and seasoning. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Place the ribs on a large baking tray. Combine ingredients for glaze and brush over ribs (set a small amount aside for serving). Bake in oven 25 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Combine the Waldorf salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Arrange salad and lamb ribs on individual serving plates. Drizzle with a little extra barbecue sauce and serve.
Cook’s Tip: Australian lamb ribs also may be cooked on the barbecue. Use the indirect method so as not to burn the marinade.
Source: Meat & Livestock Australia