Sautéed Veal with Asian Pepper Trio
- 1 pound veal strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shredded onion
- 1 shredded red pepper
- 1/2 shredded orange pepper
- 1/2 shredded yellow pepper
- 5 tablespoons shiitake mushrooms
- 2 1/2 oz. fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 5 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 6 fresh coriander branches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grilled sesame seeds
- 3 oz. veal or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Remove the stem of the shiitake mushrooms and cut the cap in large strips. Set aside.
- Heat the veal stock in a microwave oven then add the other ingredients for the marinade. Mix and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the two mixed oils and sauté the milk-fed veal strips for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the onion, the peppers and the shiitake mushrooms. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the marinade in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, the cashew nuts and the coriander. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Benoit Latulippe, chef, Institut de Tourisme et d’hôtelleire du Québec