Moroccan-Spiced Lamb Kabobs with Fruit Chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/4” cubes
- 2 pieces stone fruit (plums, apricots or peaches), cut in half and pitted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared balsamic syrup
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers (8” long) in water 10 minutes; drain water.
- In a large bowl, combine masala and oil. Add lamb and fruit; toss to coat. Thread lamb evenly onto skewers.
- Grill kabobs and fruit halves over medium heat, covered, 8 to 10 minutes 145° for medium-rare to 160° for medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coarsely chop grilled fruit. In a small bowl, combine fruit, pistachios and garlic. Drizzle with syrup; garnish with mint. Serve chutney with lamb kabobs.
Source: American Lamb Board