- 1 package pre-made whole grain pizza dough (about 1 pound), thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Using your hands, spread dough over entire length of baking sheet, pushing dough to edge (or roll out on floured surface and transfer to pan). Bake for 5 minutes at 450°. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add lamb, shallot, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook until lamb is completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush par-baked crust with 1 teaspoon oil. Evenly distribute cooked lamb and pepperoncini; top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese looks slightly melted and edges of crust are golden brown.
- Toss arugula with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; set aside. Remove pizza from oven and top with dressed arugula.
Source: American Lamb Board