Hazelnut Crusted Rack of Lamb
- 2 Catelli Brothers American Lamb racks, frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins rubbed off using cloth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh mint
- Pat lamb racks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown meat side of each rack until golden brown; set aside.
- In food processor, finely grind nuts; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, rosemary, and mint. Spread mustard mixture over meat side of racks. Sprinkle on ground hazelnuts.
- Place racks meat side up in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 375° for 28 to 38 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Source: American Lamb Board