Kale & Pomegranate Salad with Grilled Lamb
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 three pound boneless American lamb leg, butterflied, trimmed of visible fat
Kale & Pomegranate Salad
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
5 cups baby kale
1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or sliced red grapes
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- In a large, plastic, zip top bag, combine pomegranate juice, oil, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Add lamb to marinade in bag; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade; pat dry. Heat gas grill to high; scrape grates clean and brush with oil. Grill lamb, fat side down, over medium-high heat 25 to 35 minutes total, turning halfway through cooking. Cook to desired doneness, about 145°F for medium-rare and 160°F for medium.
- Remove lamb from grill and loosely cover with foil; let rest about 15 minutes and thinly slice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add kale, fennel and pomegranate seeds or grapes; toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange dressed salad on a platter; top with sliced lamb, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.
Source: 8-24 hrs.