Candied Garlic & Tarragon Roast Leg Of Veal
- Leg of veal roast, about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon tarragon mustard
- 4 teaspoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper grains
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix the mustard, butter and flour. Brush the roast with this mix.
- Lay the onion slices in an ovenproof dish and place the meat on top.
- Cut the garlic bulb, season with salt and pepper and baste in oil. Wrap in foil and cook in the oven, with the roast at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until the thermometer indicates that the internal temperature of the meat has reached 320°. The garlic should be well candied and should split easily under light pressure.
- Once cooked, let the veal roast rest for 5 to 6 minutes before slicing it. Serve accompanied by candied garlic and cooking juices.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Benoit Latulippe, chef, Institut de Tourisme et d’hôtelleire du Québec