Crunchy Stuffed Lamb Riblets
- 16 Australian lamb riblets
- 3 tablespoons Spanish or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Oil for frying
Choose one: feta cheese, jalapeños, Monterey jack cheese, mozzarella, or salami
- If stuffing riblets, place small piece of filling into the center of each riblet. Dust lamb with the Spanish seasoning and set aside.
- Whisk together the cornmeal and eggs until well combined. Combine the panko crumbs and parsley on a flat plate. Dip each lamb riblet in the egg mixture and roll in the crumb mixture. Repeat until all riblets are coated. You may double crumb if desired.
- Heat oil to 350° and shallow or deep fry until golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Cook’s Tip: Lamb riblets may be coated and frozen in an airtight container until required, up to 3 months.
Source: Meat & Livestock Australia