Barbecue Lamb Pita Pizza
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground Catelli Fresh American Lamb
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pita breads (5”-7”)
- 8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb, garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- In bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb. Spread 2 tablespoons remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread. Top each pita bread with 4 pieces of pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture. Sprinkle each pita with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake in 400° oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.
Source: American Lamb Board