Asian Veal Meatballs with Noodles
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups cooked Oriental noodles or fettuccine
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground veal, bread crumbs, mushrooms, egg, 2 tablespoons green onion, soy sauce, ginger, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Place in greased 15" x 10" baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and not pink in center.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water in medium skillet; add bouillon granules. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Add meatballs. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of green onion.