Muenster-Stuffed Veal & Mushroom Burger
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 ounces bread crumbs
- 3 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6 Muenster cheese slices
- 6 Ciabatta rolls
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Form the meat mixture into 12 burgers, about 2 1/2 oz. per patty. Place one slice of Muenster cheese on half of the burgers and top with the second burger. Seal the two burgers together.
- To make the topping, heat canola oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the steak sauce and chopped parsley. Stir to mix. Reserve warm.
- Grill each burger for 2-3 minutes per side or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve on toasted Ciabatta rolls and top with 2 tablespoons of mushroom topping.
Source: Funded by the Beef Checkoff