American Lamb Chops with Mint-Mustard Sauce
- 12 American lamb loin chops, 1” thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- Take your lamb chops out of the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your broiler to HIGH or grill to medium.
- Place garlic cloves and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Allow to heat for 5 minutes, until oil is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush chops on both sides with the garlic oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan or grill. Broil or grill the chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side (or until internal temp is 135°F for medium-rare), and let rest for up to 10 minutes, tented with foil.
- To make the Mint-Mustard Sauce, add mustard, vinegar, honey and horseradish to a food processor or blender. Turn it on and stream in the remaining oil and the garlic cloves. Add mint and process until finely chopped.
- Serve the lamb chops with Mint Mustard Sauce on the side.
Source: : Platings and Pairings 2019 & The American Lamb Board