Veal Fajitas with Pineapple & Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 Italian tomato cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, divided into 2
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound veal strips
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 each: red and yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple, drained, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 large, whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup each: light sour cream and mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a bowl, gently mix the avocado, tomato, coriander, half the juice and zest of lime, and the hot sauce. Keep the salsa in the refrigerator.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the veal strips, onion, garlic, peppers, and Cajun seasoning. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the veal strips are only slightly pink inside.
- Add the rest of the lime juice and zest, pineapples and chili sauce. Reheat for 1 minute.
- Garnish each tortilla with sour cream, grated cheese, the veal mixture, salsa, and spinach.