Veal Cubano Sandwich
- 4 small veal cutlets (about 2 oz. each), pounded to 1/4" to 1/8" thickness
- 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 4 hero rolls (about 5-6”long), split
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 4 slices thinly sliced honey baked ham
- 12 dill pickle chips (about 2 ½ oz.)
- 4 slices thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle each side of veal with some adobo seasoning. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill or use grill pan on top of stove over medium heat. Grill veal cutlets 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Remove cutlets to platter.
- Spread bottom and top of each roll with 1 teaspoon mustard. On the bottom half of each roll layer sliced ham, veal cutlets, 3 pickle slices and Swiss cheese. Cover each bottom with roll top.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Place sandwiches on grill or on grill pan. Place a panini press or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to weigh/press them down. Grill sandwiches 8 to 10 minutes until cheese melts and bread is toasted.
- Carefully unwrap each sandwich and cut in half; place on plate.
Source: Funded by the Beef Checkoff