Veal & Scallops with Lemon Sauce
- 4 veal tenderloin medallions, about 2 3/4 oz. each and 1” thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium scallops (size 20/30)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 15% whipping cream
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter for the sauce on medium. Cook the shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Gradually, add 2 tablespoons cold butter and whisk until melted. Add salt and pepper. Keep warm without boiling.
- Salt and pepper the veal medallions and the scallops.
- In a large frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium. Cook the medallions for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for slightly pink meat. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In the same frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter on medium. Cook the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the medallions on the plates. Garnish with lemon sauce and scallops.