Veal Medallions with Foie Gras
- 4 veal filet medallions, about 2.5 oz. each and 1” thick
- Butter in sufficient quantity
- 2 slices of foie gras, ¼” thick
- 1/2 cup demi-glace sauce
- 1 piece of foie gras (to thicken the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pepper the veal medallions.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the medallions on both sides.
- Place the medallions on the grid of a broiler pan and cook in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 147°F, or about 10 minutes. The cooking time may vary according to the thickness of the medallions.
- In the same skillet, brown the foie gras slices quickly but lightly and set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with the demi-glace sauce, add foie gras piece to thicken the sauce, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Strain the sauce and set it aside.
- Arrange the veal medallions on a plate, place the foie gras on the medallions and cover the bottom of the plate with a trickle of sauce.