Ultimate Lamb Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 medium-spiced cans chili beans, drained
- 1 mild-spiced can chili beans, drained
- 2 stewed tomato cans
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Sour cream, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and cornbread for garnish
- Preheat a large pot to medium heat and add the olive oil. Next, add the garlic with onions and green peppers. Sauté the vegetables for about five minutes.
- Once vegetables have softened, add the ground lamb. Cook the lamb until it’s no longer pink. Add all spices, tomatoes and beans, bring to simmer.
- Once bubbling turn heat back to low, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Source: American Lamb Board