Spicy Lamb & Peanut Stew
- 12 ounces lamb boneless shoulder or sirloin, cut into 3/4” cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free beef broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes, halved or quartered (about 4 to 5 potatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Spray large saucepan with cover with nonstick cooking spray. Add lamb cubes, onion and garlic. Brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Stir in broth, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas and peanut butter. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir gently.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Source: American Lamb Board