Grilled American Lamb Salad Bowls
1 1/2 hrs.
1 1/2 hrs.
- 1 pound American Lamb shoulder or cubed leg meat (or purchase lamb stew meat)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup black olives
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Splash of water
- Pinch each of salt, pepper and sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a large reusable plastic container. Add the lamb and stir or shake the container with the lid tightly on to coat it with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 ½ hours.
- Heat grill over medium heat, and lightly spray a grill pan with nonstick spray. Add the marinated lamb meat to the pan and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes. Cut into one of the larger pieces to check for doneness.
- Combine the Zippy Lemon Dressing ingredients in a jar and attach the lid securely. Shake until well combined.
- Assemble salad bowls by placing lettuce first and topping with the vegetables, lamb and feta.
- Drizzle with Zippy Lemon Dressing when ready to serve.
Source: Blue Bowl & The American Lamb Board