Spicy American Lamb Loin Chops with Tomatoes & Mint
- 6 American lamb loin chops, about 1” thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 pound medium cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a small bowl. Rub mixture over the lamb chops. Cover chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Heat a cast iron or ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl the pan to coat well. When the pan is hot, add the lamb chops, sear on each side for about 2 minutes, until they start to turn light brown. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the lamb chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Remove the chops from the pan and place them in a serving dish and cover with foil. Rest chops for 10 minutes.
- While the lamb rests, prepare the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add the mint, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and toss to coat well.
- To serve, sprinkle the sumac over the lamb chops and serve with the tomatoes.
Source: A Brown Table & The American Lamb Board