Lamb Wontons with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 9 ounces ground Australian lamb
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chicken stock for steaming or oil for deep frying
- Hoisin sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Combine ground lamb, scallions, carrot, water chestnuts, lime juice and zest, and sweet chili sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spoon a small amount of the lamb filling into the center of each wonton wrapper and brush edges with a little beaten egg. Press edges firmly to form pouches.
- To Steam: Bring stock to a boil in a wok or saucepan and place a bamboo basket over the liquid. Line base with perforated paper. Place the wontons carefully on the paper and cover with the lid. Steam for 6 minutes.
To Fry: Heat oil to 375° and fry 4 minutes, turning frequently. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
Serve wontons with dipping sauces.
Source: Meat & Livestock Australia