Lamb Rib Chops with Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Rosemary Butter
8 lamb rib chops, about 4 ounces each, 1” thick
4 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, divided
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Salt and pepper
4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds total, peeled and cut into 1 ½” chunks
- Combine 1 tablespoon rosemary, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Rub evenly over lamb chops; refrigerate.
- To prepare Rosemary Butter, combine butter, remaining rosemary and salt and pepper in bowl; and set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil; add sweet potatoes. Cook until potatoes are very tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes by hand or with an electric mixer until smooth, adding 2 tablespoons Rosemary Butter. Keep warm.
- Grill or broil chops to medium-rare doneness (140°F), 7 to 11 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve chops with sweet potatoes and top with remaining Rosemary Butter.
Source: American Lamb Board