Crusted Rib Chops with Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 Australian lamb rack, cut into 8 chops
- 1 cup dried panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Light oil for cooking
- 2 plums, seeded and sliced
- 6 apricots, seeded and halved
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 2 scallions, finely sliced using the white and green parts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt flakes
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat lamb with flour, shaking off any excess. Pass each chop through the egg, then into the Parmesan bread crumbs. Press crumbs on firmly. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan on a gentle/medium heat, and then add oil to cover the base. Cook chops for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- To make salad, combine ingredients and gently toss. Lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar on the fruit salad and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Serve immediately with chops.
Source: Meat & Livestock Australia