Grilled American Loin Chops with Tomatillo Chutney
- 8 American Lamb loin chops, 6 ounces each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 Serrano chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring lamb chops to room temperature. Brush with 1/4 cup olive oil; season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill; let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to smoke, add tomatillos, onion, chile, and garlic. Sauté while stirring frequently until vegetables are soft.
- Add sugar and cilantro; continue to cook until all sugar is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the lamb chops warm with warm chutney on top.
Source: Amerian Lamb Board and Chef Tim Love, Lonesome Dove Bistro, Fort Worth, Texas