Curry-Yogurt Grilled Lamb Chops
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon curry powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
8 lamb rib chops cut ¾” thick, or 1 rack of lamb (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into individual chops
- Mix the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, ginger, curry powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and several grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the lamb chops in a large baking dish and season well with salt and pepper. Coat all sides with the marinade, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill.
- Grease the grill grates with oil. Wipe off excess marinade, and place the lamb chops on the hottest parts of the grill. Cook, turning once, until dark grill marks form on each side and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each chop registers 130°F for medium rare, 7 to 10 minutes. (Carry-over cooking will increase the internal temperature off the grill.) Move the lamb to a cooler part of the grill as needed to avoid blackening or flare-ups.
- Transfer the chops to a platter, cover with foil, and let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
Source: American Lamb Board