Caribbean Jerk Veal Chops
- 6 large green onions (3 oz.), coarsely chopped
- 1 habanero chili pepper or Scotch Bonnet chili pepper (1/4 oz.), seeded
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 loin veal chops, each 3/4 “ to 1” thick (about 2 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place green onions, chili pepper, garlic, chicken broth, thyme leaves, rum, honey, vinegar, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg in blender; blend until smooth.
- Heat olive oil In 12” skillet with heat-safe handle over medium heat, add veal chops and sear, 2 to 3 minutes, turning once.
- Pour jerk sauce over veal chops; place skillet in oven. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature of 145° F. Remove skillet from oven; let chops rest 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Funded by the Beef Checkoff