8 4-ounce portions of thinly shaved veal top round (partially frozen)
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon butter
16 ounces onions and peppers, thinly sliced
8 hoagie rolls, toasted
- For the cheese sauce, combine cheese and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a pot, simmer milk, stock, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Add cheese; stir and season with salt and pepper, keep warm.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Sauté veal until golden brown and remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, char onions and peppers.
- Fill each hoagie roll with veal, onions and peppers. Top with cheese and serve.
Source: Beef Checkoff