Tangy Barbecued Lamb Riblets
- 3 pounds lamb riblets, trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut lamb riblets into 2-rib pieces. Place riblets in large pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until jelly is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- When riblets are done, remove from saucepan; discard water. Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Grill ribs over medium-hot coals. Cook 4”over coals for 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
Source: American Lamb Board