New Orleans-Style Veal Sandwich
- 3 ounces thinly sliced veal roast, precooked and cooled
- Submarine sandwich bread
- Cajun seasoning mix
- Roasted mushrooms
- Grilled peppers
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Sautéed Onions
- Spring lettuce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Mustard sprouts
- If desired, grill the submarine sandwich bread lightly in the oven under the broiler.
- Roll thin slices of milk-fed veal roast, place them on the submarine sandwich bread and sprinkle with a Cajun seasoning mix.
- Arrange the roasted mushrooms, grilled peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, and sautéed onion on the veal.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes under the broiler, long enough to reheat the sandwich and melt the cheese lightly.
- Garnish the sandwich with spring lettuce, alfalfa sprouts and mustard sprouts.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Alain Fortier, chef and consultant, Quebec Milk-fed Veal