Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Spring Herb Salsa Verde
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
Spring Herb Salsa Verde
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To prepare Salsa Verde, pour olive oil into a small bowl, and whisk in remaining ingredients. Taste, and add sea salt or pepper as needed. Allow mixture to marinate at room temperature while you make the loin chops.
- Prepare a hot grill. Light coals and allow them to get hot enough so that you can’t hold you hand 4” above them for more than a few seconds. Bank coals to one side of grill to create a zone of high heat and a zone of indirect heat. For a gas grill, turn to medium high 10 to 15 minutes before you plan to grill.
- Just before grilling, sprinkle chops on both sides with sea salt and pepper. Set chops over hottest part of grill and grill 2 minutes. Flip, and grill 2 minutes more. Move chops over indirect heat, and grill 2 to 4 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 135°F. Rest chops 5 minutes.
- Serve with Salsa Verde.
Source: American Lamb Board