Grilled American Lamb Greek Pita Pizzas
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 6 pita rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups hummus
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, deli-sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Tzatziki dressing for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Brush each side of the pita with olive oil then lightly season with sea salt and garlic powder. Place directly on grill grates. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip then grill another 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground lamb and a pinch of salt. Cook until lamb is no longer pink, breaking it into pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain and rinse off any excess grease.
- Add garlic powder, rosemary, oregano and pepper to lamb. Sauté until fragrant. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To serve, layer pita, hummus and ground lamb. Top each pizza with cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives, banana peppers and feta. Drizzle Tzatziki dressing.
Source: Clean Eats and Treats & The American Lamb Board