Crunchy Lamb Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 pounds Catelli Brothers ground American lamb
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, with juice
- Salt and pepper
- 24 taco shells
- In a pan over medium heat, warm olive oil. Sauté onions until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeño and chili powder; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring to break up clumps, until nearly done, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes with juice, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until most of liquid has evaporated, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired
- Carefully spoon some of the filling into each shell and serve warm.
Source: American Lamb Board