2 tablespoons peanut oil
12 ounces veal top round, cut into strips
1 tablespoon. fresh ginger, minced
½ tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
¼ cup green onions, sliced thin (separated white and green)
½ tablespoon Asian hot chili sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon brown sugar
¼ cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 pound frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix
1 tablespoon corn starch
½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a medium heavy bottom sauté pan or wok.
- Add the veal strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the ginger, garlic and white part of the green onions only. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chili sauce, black pepper, brown sugar, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, and soy sauce; bring to a simmer.
- Mix the corn starch and chicken broth in a small bowl. Add to the simmering mixture. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli-cauliflower mix; gently toss together to heat through.
- Garnish with onion greens. Serve immediately over steamed rice.
Source: Funded by the Beef Checkoff