• 4 veal cutlets, 4 ounces each
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons capers with liquid, undrained
• 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
• 1⁄2 lemon sliced thin
- Place veal between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten veal to 1/4” thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Combine the melted butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the veal in the butter and oil until browned on both sides. Transfer the veal to a serving platter, set aside, and keep warm. Reserve drippings in the skillet.
- Sauté garlic in the drippings for 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer; cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the capers and their liquid, and simmer for an additional minute.
- Pour the sauce over the veal and sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with thin lemon slices.
Source: Catelli Brothers