Veal Medallions with Dates, Rosemary & Pancetta
- 4 veal medallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 2 sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup of pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leafless and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups veal stock
- 1 cup blanched and cooled Brussel sprouts
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the veal medallions. Heat oil and butter in a skillet on high, sear on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until pink. Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Degrease the skillet, add the pancetta, shallots and olives. Roast a few minutes on medium. Deglaze with vinegar, add dates, rosemary and veal stock. Season and let reduce by half. Add the Brussel sprouts just before serving.
- Cover the medallions with the topping.
Source: Dinette magazine